Button Grayed Out

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Hi Marcel

Deployed this solution to SP2010 - if I run this command :-

get-spsolution

shows as deployed "True"

I ran "install-spsolution -identity copylinktoclipboard.wsp -gacdeployment" - this ran without error.

I am selecting a WORD document in a Library which has the View showing the Name Column as stated, but still it is grayed out. The account I am using is a member of Owners group on the site, so I don't think it is a permissions issue.

Can you advise please ?

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Please check if the Internal Name of the "Name" column is LinkFilename.

Jun 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Hi Marcel

OK I am really confused now.

I have four columns for this library :-

Type, Name, Modified, Modified By

When I edit the column settings the four shown are (internal name in brackets) :-

Title (Title)

Created By (Author)

Modified By (Editor)

Checked out to (CheckoutUser)

In fact, if I go to the Columns available for the Site, I don’t even see Name available there ? So where on earth does the column Name come from ? My understanding is that the columns must come from columns available at Site Collection level ? Can you shed any light on this please ?

Regards

Brian Parker

IT Support

Sent: 26 June 2011 11:37
To: Parker, Brian X
Subject: Re: Button Grayed Out [copytoclipboard:254831]

Please check if the Internal Name of the "Name" column is LinkFilename.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Is le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis ar a bhfuil sí dírithe, agus le haghaidh an duine nó an eintitis sin amháin, a bheartaítear an fhaisnéis a tarchuireadh agus féadfaidh sé go bhfuil ábhar faoi rún agus/nó faoi phribhléid inti. Toirmisctear aon athbhreithniú, atarchur nó leathadh a dhéanamh ar an bhfaisnéis seo, aon úsáid eile a bhaint aisti nó aon ghníomh a dhéanamh ar a hiontaoibh, ag daoine nó ag eintitis seachas an faighteoir beartaithe. Má fuair tú é seo trí dhearmad, téigh i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir, le do thoil, agus scrios an t-ábhar as aon ríomhaire. Is é beartas Sheirbhís Phríosúin na hÉireann seoladh ábhair cholúil a dhícheadú, agus más rud é go measann tú gur ábhar colúil atá san ábhar atá sa teachtaireacht seo is ceart duit dul i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir láithreach agus le mailsecurity@irishprisons.ie chomh maith.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. It is the policy of the Irish Prison Service to disallow the sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material contained in this message is offensive you should contact the sender immediately and also mailsecurity@irishprisons.ie.